Superstar reveals Nissan Micra in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirate (10 April 2012) – In a spectacular star-studded event which took place at the Armani Hotel Ballroom last night, Middle East superstar Nancy Ajram unveiled the Nissan Micra, Nissan’s high-spirited new compact hatchback, adding further zip and flavour to Nissan’s unmatched line up for the region. Nissan Micra’s most famous ambassador will also be seen featured in the advertising campaign for the vehicle in the region.
Ajram wowed the audience with an exclusive performance, following the reveal. The star had previously launched the Micra for the Levant market in Lebanon in September 2011. Since then, the popular city car has seen huge interest intensify, especially among young professionals, thanks to Micra’s visual appeal enhanced by its broad range of striking colors – ten in total including three specialized colors: Spring Green, Night Shade Purple and Sunlight Orange.
Speaking at the event, Nissan Middle East Managing Director, Atsuo Kosaka, said: “Nissan and Nancy have been working together for many months now and we are grateful to have the Middle East’s most popular artist help us promote the Micra. Nancy’s universal appeal, along with her charming personality, are truly valued by Nissan Middle East and perfectly compliment the Micra personality.”
The Nissan Micra offers more than just the traditional compact hatchback, with its trendy looks, characteristic agility and distinctive lifestyle appeal. Its highly-rewarding driving experience and competitive level of features are expected to continue Micra’s on-going global sales triumph.
Key features of the Micra are:
• A characterful, sleek exterior design
• User-friendly equipment and interior designed with convenience in mind
• Highly-versatile interior seat/stowage configurations
• Efficient, largest-in-class 1.5-liter engine
• Nimble handling with best-in-class turning circle – ideal for city driving
• High levels of safety equipment including dual airbags
• Range of options to make city driving easier
• Micra is available in five trim levels: ‘S’, ‘SV’, ‘SV+’ ‘SL’ and ‘SL+’
Other available technologies for Micra include:
• Auto light system – linked front wipers, dawn sensors (SL & SL+)
• Auto front wiper and rear windshield wiper with Reverse Syncro with rain sensor (SL & SL+)
• Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) 3-point seatbelts for all seats
• Load limiter equipped pretensioner seatbelts for front seats
• Electric-assisted power steering